Update on bee forage plants
Whoa! I was overwhelmed by the response to It’s pink with star-shaped petals. It seems that everyone wants to know what plants their bees are foraging on. I received many photos already and many suggestions.
Here are some of the requests:
- include the U.K.
- include a list of hardiness zones where the plant will live
- indicate bloom time by hardiness zone, region, and country
- say whether it is a pollen plant, a nectar plant, or both
- describe honey characteristics
- provide scientific names
- provide photos of pollen loads
- include photos of the leaves
- provide plant pairing photos for garden design (oh sure)
- myfolia.com sent in by Nick Holmes
- plant-materials sent in by Tom Allen
- beespotter sent in by Rachel Avenia
What do you think? What would you like to see? I’m eager to hear any ideas you might have, but remember I’m not a computer geek. I barely muddle through with a sprinkle of html and a pinch of css . . . and I don’t even know what php does.