English for Beekeepers
The posts listed here dive into my personal hang-ups about the English language.
- Varroa: a mite by any other name
- Have more than one bee? Add an s.
- Bee words having Latin plurals
- Is she a queen or just a female bee?
- Why we fear scientific names
- Consider the honeybee bee
- Comb decoded
- English for beekeepers
- For my friends in the UK: the telescoping cover
- Are they worker bees, girls, or units?
- Casting light on honey bee castes
- Honeybee or honey bee? Which is correct?