Dry pollen substitute
Prep time: 15 minutes
Allergy: Milk, Soy
Dietary: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Meal type: Side Dish, Snack
Occasion: Spring, Winter
3 Parts soy flour
1 Part brewer’s yeast
1 Part dry milk (instant or non-instant baker’s milk)
1 teaspoon vitamin C (for every 6 cups of mixture)
It is best to measure these ingredients by weight instead of volume. For example, if you use three pounds of soy, use one pound of yeast and one pound of dry milk.
- Put the the first three ingredients in a bowl.
- Take some vitamin C tablets and crush into a powder.
- Add one teaspoon of crushed vitamin C for every six cups of mix.
- Thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- In the winter, the dry mix can sprinkled on the top bars or put in a feeder above the brood box. In the early spring, the mix can be placed in a bird feeder or other covered container near the hive.